Apply For Athletic Equipment Grant
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Leveling the Playing Field Grant for Athletic Equipment!
Leveling the Playing Field (LPF) is dedicated to assisting schools and community organizations with completely free sporting equipment so that they can provide affordable and accessible youth sports activities to their students. LPF has served over 500 programs and has saved them $3M+ collectively.
For any questions regarding the application, send an email to email@example.com
- Review your organization's eligibility
- Prepare funds to have the equipment shipped or delivered (if applicable)
When you are ready to apply, please begin your application by clicking the button below.
- Your program serves economically disadvantaged children, or children or adults with disabilities
- Your organization operates (or wishes to operate) an organized sport, recreational activity, or fitness program that offers consistent and structured opportunities for play to large groups of children
- The program is intended to provide free or low cost enrichment programs for its participants
- Your athletic activities provide a youth development component. We DO NOT support organizations that have a sole focus in “on the field performance”
There are three simple steps that are required before receiving equipment from LPF:
- Fill out our Grant Application (Button Below)
- Once our staff has reviewed your application, we will schedule a site visit where we will meet in person and take a tour of your place of business
- Once your application has been approved, an LPF staff member will set up a time for you to come pickup equipment from our warehouse. LPF will email you a liability waiver that MUST be turned in when you visit the warehouse
Types of Support
In most cases, LPF offers beneficiaries access to our warehouse space. The warehouse is 4000 sq. ft. with roughly a million dollars’ worth of sports equipment available for donation. This service is primarily provided for programs within the DMV area, however, any program awarded an equipment grant can take advantage of the warehouse if they choose to send a representative.
For programs outside of the area, we will ship equipment to your location. The equipment will be free, but the cost of shipping must be covered by the program.
Each program only needs to apply for an equipment grant once. After they are in the system, they do not need to apply again. After the initial meeting, programs can email LPF staff with a date and time to coordinate pickups. Feel free to utilize our resources as often as you please!
Grant Recipients Receive:
- Access to our warehouse space to take equipment on a rolling basis
- A monthly newsletter that includes large items (i.e. ping pong tables, basketball hoops, lacrosse goals) and services that could enhance beneficiary programs
Please Also Note the Following:
- Programs have one month from date of site visit to make their initial equipment pickup
- A program representative will be required to sign a release form the first time they come to pick up equipment or before equipment is sent/delivered to you
- LPF staff will inquire about pictures and letters of support from your program to include in social media, grant applications, and reports
- You will receive a survey 6 months after the initial donation to assess the impact that the donation has made on the program as well as provide a testimonial
- Sharing our organization with programs you think would be eligible and benefit from LPF’s services is a great way to communicate our mission to other needy programs!
LPF Warehouse address:
9170 Brookville Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Hours M-F 9am-5pm & Select Weekends (appointments available upon request)