Apply For LPF's Equipment Grant
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Leveling the Playing Field Equipment Grant!
Leveling the Playing Field (LPF) is dedicated to assisting schools and community organizations with completely free sporting equipment so that they can provide affordable and accessible youth sports activities to their children. LPF has saved 750+ over $3M since we began our work in 2011!
For any questions regarding the application, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Review your organization's eligibility
- Prepare funds to have the equipment shipped or delivered (if applicable)
- Your program serves economically disadvantaged children, or children or adults with disabilities
- Your organization operates (or wishes to operate) an organized sport, recreational activity, or fitness program that offers consistent and structured opportunities for play to large groups of children
- The program is intended to provide free or low cost enrichment programs for its participants
- Your athletic activities provide a youth development component. We DO NOT support organizations that have a sole focus in “on the field performance.”
There are three simple steps that are required before receiving equipment from LPF:
- Fill out our Grant Application
- Once our staff has reviewed your application, we will schedule a site visit where we will meet in person and take a tour of your place of business. If you do not have a consistent location, we will schedule an interview with you at our warehouse. Please allow LPF staff 1-2 weeks to process and review your application before scheduling a site visit/warehouse interview.
- Once your application has been approved, an LPF staff member will set up a time for you to come pick up equipment from our warehouse. All appointments to pick up equipment must be made with at least 24 hours notice.
Types of Support
In most cases, LPF offers beneficiaries access to our warehouse space. This service is primarily provided for programs within the DMV area, however, any program awarded an equipment grant can take advantage of the warehouse if they choose to send a representative.
For programs outside of the area, we will ship equipment to your location. The equipment will be free, but the cost of shipping must be covered by the program.
Each program only needs to apply for an equipment grant once. After they are in the system, they do not need to apply again. After the initial meeting, programs can email LPF staff with a date and time to coordinate pickups. Feel free to utilize our resources as often as you need us!
Grant Recipients Receive:
- Access to our warehouse space to take equipment on a continuous basis
- A monthly newsletter that includes large items (i.e. ping pong tables, basketball hoops, lacrosse goals) and services that could enhance beneficiary programs
Please Also Note the Following:
- Programs have one month from date of site visit to make their initial equipment pickup
- A program representative will be required to sign a release form/waiver before the initial visit to the warehouse
- LPF staff will inquire about pictures and letters of support from your program to include in social media, grant applications, and reports
- You will receive a survey 6 months after the initial donation to assess the impact that the donation has made on the program as well as provide a testimonial
- Sharing our organization with programs you think would be eligible and benefit from LPF’s services is a great way to communicate our mission to other needy programs!
LPF warehouse address:
9170 Brookville Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910
M-F, 9am-5pm (all appointments must be made with at least 24 hours notice)